- Only 27% of donated money goes towards funding a research on discovering a cure for the ALS disease. This is described in the ALSA financial portfolio. Part of the remaining 73% are allocated towards ALSA staff salaries and fundraising for new charities, which means spending donated money in hope for even more donations.
- Cruel animal tests.
The PETA spokeswoman: “Recent experiments funded by the ALS Association, mice had holes drilled into their skulls, were inflicted with crippling illnesses, and were forced to run on an inclined treadmill until they collapsed from exhaustion. Monkeys had chemicals injected into their brains and backs and were later killed and dissected.”
“According to the FDA, 92 out of every 100 drugs that pass animal trials fail during the human clinical trial phase.” This massive level of failure is typical in animal experiments, because although animals feel pain and suffer like people do, their bodies often react completely differently to drugs and diseases.
- Funding embryonic stem cells research, which is inherently unethical and in violation of fundamental human rights.
Lila Rose of Live Action: “It is noble to combat a deadly disease, and the ice bucket challenge definitely puts a fun spin on philanthropic efforts. That’s why it’s such a shame that the ALS Association, while striving to save some people, chooses to support research that thrives from experimenting on and killing tiny, innocent human beings,” she said. “Embryonic stem cell research, which requires the destruction of pre-born people, is inherently unethical and a violation of fundamental human rights, and even materialists must admit that promises of its benefits have failed to deliver. There is no good reason to condone this practice; in fact, all it does is taint the ALS Association, whom I’d otherwise be happy to support.”
- The campaign is based on a form of public pressure. The process of nomination suggests that anyone who rejected it is selfish, but there are many good reasons for opting out. Some people can’t afford it, others support various other charities. And many people who choose to donate will do so without involving vanity and making unnecessary noise, following the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 6: 1-2): "1. “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." This means that under the narcissistic nature of "Ice Bucket Challenge" this kind of donations would be considered more as a hypocrisy instead of an act of compassion.
- Why are we wasting all of this water? There is a drought and shortage of drinking water in many parts of the world. Why would you dump a whole bucket of water over your head in the name of "raising awareness"? The great paradox in this campaign is that this "raising awareness" intends to attract a huge amount of donations with the imaginary purpose of discovering a “cure” for ALS (by the means of the above mentioned vicious methods). And all of this provided that there are already much more economical alternative methods available for prevention and treatment of many insidious diseases, including ALS, for which unfortunately among the mass of people instead of the "raising awareness" there is "suppressing awareness".
- Pharmaceutical industry has no interest in finding a cure. That would be against its financial interests. History proves it with more than 110 years of pharmaceutics existence and all the unsuccessful charity campaigns. "Now the patient is the one who serves the industry and it should be just the opposite" (Dr. Atanas Gulubov - "World conspiracy against health"). At the same time, there are independent organizations and health practitioners, selflessly offering successful alternative therapies, the information for which is being suppressed under the influence of the pharmaceutical industry. Simply explained - the difference between modern medicine and alternative methods of treatment is that the pharmaceutical industry is based on practice with synthetic drugs, which purpose is the suppression of symptoms, not eliminating the cause of the disease. This practice with its many side effects is targeting permanent financial gains, while with alternative / natural methods of treatment, the main goal is the eliminating the cause of illness and healing as a final result.
For the everyone curious and for the benefit of the people in need, here is an useful information about some of the alternative treatment protocols and methods available for ALS: